Hackney rider pursued, knocked from bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
This forum is great.^_^

The moral of this story is don't spout and decide what happens when you haven't a clue.

I had a close pass once. Raised my right hand palm up. Didn't say a word. No rude gesture. Car screeched to a halt. Started to reverse. Changed their mind then sped off.

No doubt that would have been an arguement and partly my fault?

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
It is quite possible to have a discussion with a driver who has made a mistake without launching into argument
Q
Of course it's possible, but what if it does develop into an argument? We are human after all. Someone might of had a bad day, or maybe neither person will concede, you know, happens all the time.

PK99

Legendary Member
Of course it's possible, but what if it does develop into an argument? We are human after all. Someone might of had a bad day, or maybe neither person will concede, you know, happens all the time.

Yes it happens - the Amygdala or emotion generating part of the brain kicks in and stress responses result.
The wise thing to do is recognise and control the emotional response.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've had people drive at me without a preceding argument. Intention to barge me out the way (if i hadn't done a new pants emergency stop) - so deliberate intent to intimidate rather than hit I guess. Maybe 2 or 3 times in last 40 years so hardly everyday

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Yes it happens - the Amygdala or emotion generating part of the brain kicks in and stress responses result.
The wise thing to do is recognise and control the emotional response.
Fine. Someone should have told this to the driver before they took it upon themselves to attempt to murder the cyclist.

Top Bottom