Happy Quitter's Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today is the day most new year's resolutions are broken. How are you doing with yours? Still going strong or given up already? If you're doing well with them, congratulations! You're better than most it seems.

PS I leave my big changes like resolutions i leave until a random date in the year so there's less pressure on sticking to it. Besides when ppl ask me what my resolutions are around new years day I find I can't think of any to keep!

Slick

Guru
My new year's resolutions were reasonably modest, but I reckon I'm still well on track to keep to them this year. :okay:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think New Year is a bad time for resolutions. The weather is poor, the nights are dark... Most resolutions are to stop doing things you enjoy or start doing things you don't really want to do. I think there's more chance of success in the spring when days are brighter and people tend to be a bit more cheerful. Maybe Spring Equinox resolutions?

OTOH I've already achieved something I'd hoped to finish by the end of January so I'm pleased with that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I intended to keep every beer bottle top, then count them up at the end of this year to see how many bottles of beer I buy in a year and maybe even sort them into different tops to see which beer I buy the most and so on. However, after less than 2 weeks I've given up as it seems a bit obsessive! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
I intended to keep every beer bottle top, then count them up at the end of this year to see how many bottles of beer I buy in a year and maybe even sort them into different tops to see which beer I buy the most and so on. However, after less than 2 weeks I've given up as it seems a bit obsessive! :rolleyes:

Happy quitters day.

Moonpig has just heard about it, they've already put an ecard on their website for it!

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't got a New Year's Resolution.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I intentionally don't start anything on NYD because it can put unnecessary pressure on. Also my birthday is next week. I have to get back on my diet soon, but that will be when I'm mentally ready, which in fact feels like today.

I had 2 resolution this year
a) specifically DO NOT do dry January - I don;t like these false targets and "things" - if I want to give up then I'll do it when I want!
b) do not make any other resolutions

so far it is going great guns
did my normal having several drinks around the 3rd Jan to tick off (a)
just to be absolutely consistent I just need to have a few drink on 3rd October for Stoptober and have a shave on 2nd Movember and I'm all sorted

any I've missed??

vickster

Legendary Member

Especially if you’re an alcoholic!

vickster

Legendary Member
I will attempt not to drink any alcohol until I go on holiday in mid March. I had 4 pints at a friend’s birthday on the 6th, ended up with atrial fibrillation when I got home (there’s a trigger, 3 pints doesn’t seem to have the same effect).
AF aside, I’m trying to lose weight and avoiding booze is an easy win for me.

Top Bottom