He married her for her looks not her money now she's dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Wow. Thats really something else, although I'm not exacrly sure what.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If this is to be believed:

'I don't like to talk about money. Many people confuse having cash with having assets - we've never had a lot of cash,' she wrote in her autobiography.
Of course 'a lot of cash' is a very flexible term. My guess would be that by most people's standards, even putting her palaces etc on one side, she was still absolutely rolling in the stuff. I've always found it quietly amusing how the people most offended by the vulgarity of talking about money tend to be those with vast amounts of the stuff, theirs by the immense achievement of having been born.

chewa

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
I think the worrying thing about such extreme surgery (and the Bride of Wildenstein, Michael Jackson etc.) is that at some point a surgeon agrees to do it.

Whatever happened to "First do no harm?" That's obviously overcome by greed, isn't it. Justifying it on the "benefit" for the patient just doesn't fly, does it?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Probably took the view that whatever the plastic surgeons were asked to do, at that point, they couldn't make things any worse.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think the worrying thing about such extreme surgery (and the Bride of Wildenstein, Michael Jackson etc.) is that at some point a surgeon agrees to do it.

Whatever happened to "First do no harm?" That's obviously overcome by greed, isn't it. Justifying it on the "benefit" for the patient just doesn't fly, does it?
Cosmetic Surgery is an unnecessary operation paid for by the patient, think of it in much the same way as getting a tattoo.
Would a tattoo artist say no if you came in and asked for a massive nazi emblem on your face? Probably not, they would do it and take the cash.

chewa

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
Cosmetic Surgery is an unnecessary operation paid for by the patient, think of it in much the same way as getting a tattoo.
Would a tattoo artist say no if you came in and asked for a massive nazi emblem on your face? Probably not, they would do it and take the cash.

While I agree with you, the difference is that tattoo artists aren't taking a Hippocratic oath. I don't have an issue with cosmetic surgery per se (I even assisted in some such ops when I was a student), and even to an extent agree that it's up to someone to choose what to do with their money if they want a nip and tuck.

However, when you see results like the one in this thread, or Wildenstein, or Jackson, where the patients obviously have some other issues relating to dysmorphia, I can't see how someone who has sworn to do no harm than happily leaves someone looking freakish and pockets the cash.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Who couldn't love this

2354358500000578-2842130-image-89_1416495091144.jpg

Top Bottom