Hello....first post....tdf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burgundy

Regular
Hello,
My first post after posting my introduction, hope everyone is ok.

A quick question, my friend and I hope to catch the tdf going up Mont Ventoux, does anyone know which way up Le Tour will go? We wouldn't want to be on the wrong side so to speak, thanks for any help.
Cheers, Mark

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The classical route from Bedoin

Welcome Burgundy

This stage will be mahoosive from a spectator point of view. The stage finish is atop MV. It is on Bastille Day. If you want to be ON MV itself, the nearer to the top, the larger the crowd and the earlier you will have to arrive for a good vantage point. Accommodation in and around Bedoin will be hard to find - book now!

Having said that the atmosphere will be fantastic. A huge party. Go if you can!

edit: p.s. I like your CC name yet your avatar is of Toscana not Bourgogne?!

gavintc

Guru
Thanks for the quick replies, yes hope to get down a couple of days early and camp somewhere. Cheers Mark
We did this a few years ago when the tour went up. We camped locally and then cycled up from Sault (from the East). The crowds were massive and we were not allowed to go further up the mountain than the cafe. We got there early-ish, got a reasonable vantage and enjoyed the day.

I wondered how long it'd take someone to spot that.
Not long then!!
I love the beauty of Tuscany but prefer Burgundy.
I'm very fond of both!! (see sig line!)

OP
OP
Burgundy

Burgundy

Regular
We did this a few years ago when the tour went up. We camped locally and then cycled up from Sault (from the East). The crowds were massive and we were not allowed to go further up the mountain than the cafe. We got there early-ish, got a reasonable vantage and enjoyed the day.
Sounds fantastic, can't wait, I'm driving a van down so I kip in the back. :smile: Cheers.

gavintc

Guru
Sounds fantastic, can't wait, I'm driving a van down so I kip in the back. :smile: Cheers.
The area is an excellent cycling one. Spend more time there and enjoying some stunning scenery and great roads. Ventoux is a monster, but the surrounding hills are less of a challenge and there are lovely villages to stop in. Enjoy! More than a bit jealous.

OP
OP
Burgundy

Burgundy

Regular
The area is an excellent cycling one. Spend more time there and enjoying some stunning scenery and great roads. Ventoux is a monster, but the surrounding hills are less of a challenge and there are lovely villages to stop in. Enjoy! More than a bit jealous.
Thanks can't wait, no bike, though I may take a mate's or two down, so they can huff and puff, I'll stick to the van this trip.

Top Bottom