Hello from Carlisle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrGonzo

Regular
Recently back home in Carlisle from University and looking to get out onto the country roads as much as possible now that I'm reunited with my bike.

Never really taken cycling seriously before but really appreciating the beauty of it after being stuck in the middle of a city for 3 years.

I'm on a hybrid and went out for the first time in 2 years two weeks ago and did 7 miles at 11.5 mph (while cycling with a friend.) Last night I did 16.5 miles at 13.2 mph so feel like I'm improving already.

That's the basics, I guess. Hello everyone! :bicycle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening @DrGonzo

D

Deleted member 23692

Welcome :smile:

Theres's an endless choice of excellent routes in these parts

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Recently back home in Carlisle from University and looking to get out onto the country roads as much as possible now that I'm reunited with my bike.

Never really taken cycling seriously before but really appreciating the beauty of it after being stuck in the middle of a city for 3 years.

I'm on a hybrid and went out for the first time in 2 years two weeks ago and did 7 miles at 11.5 mph (while cycling with a friend.) Last night I did 16.5 miles at 13.2 mph so feel like I'm improving already.

That's the basics, I guess. Hello everyone! :bicycle:

Well done you no one can say this student didn't get on his bike like Norman Tebbit said some years ago ( junior members ask your parents).
Welcome back to the real world and the insanity of its occupants. You would probably have been safer staying at Uni but those country roads are pretty addictive.

Rack those miles up :bicycle:

OP
OP
DrGonzo

DrGonzo

Regular
Welcome :smile:

Theres's an endless choice of excellent routes in these parts

For sure! And some terrible ones too!

Well done you no one can say this student didn't get on his bike like Norman Tebbit said some years ago ( junior members ask your parents).

Yeah, you've lost me there!

Have you discovered Strava yet? :laugh:

Is this an in-joke?? I have the Strava app but am yet to use it as I have been using mapmyride... :blink:a

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Is this an in-joke?? I have the Strava app but am yet to use it as I have been using mapmyride... :blink:a[/quote]

I love map my ride but there are loads of Stravaites on this forum. I haven't used it but from what mates says there is very little difference.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi DrGonzo and :welcome:.

OP
OP
DrGonzo

DrGonzo

Regular
Thanks for the welcomes. :cheers:

22 miles at 14mph today. I'm getting there! I'm in a poor state in terms of fitness to be honest, would buying expensive cycling clothes and gear make a difference or should I just continue as I am for now?

Top Bottom