Hello from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

algo

Regular
Hello,

I am a keen but not very fit or fast cyclist who basically uses the bike for everything - I am often to be found towing a trailer with sleeping children in. I ride quite a sporty hybrid bike with aluminium frame and good wheels (the only real upgrade), but have managed most of France on it. I am currently coveting touring bikes - particularly with disc brakes... Also very into safer streets for cycling, and quite outspoken when pushed about the benefits and rights of cyclists..

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: from Falkirk. I am neither fit nor fast!
I got back to cycling last October after several years of illness (and raising a family, oh and work! :laugh:)
I have bought myself a new 29 er MTB and am enjoying it as it's so much lighter than my previous steed!

OP
OP
algo

algo

Regular
thanks a lot for the welcome! Hope to see you at Pedal on Parliament - although I'm guessing that's most relevant for ScotiaLass :-) I hope your health is improving...

ScotiaLass

Guru
thanks a lot for the welcome! Hope to see you at Pedal on Parliament - although I'm guessing that's most relevant for ScotiaLass :-) I hope your health is improving...
I have thought about going to Pedal on Parliament...no firm plans yet.
My health is improving thanks...still awaiting surgery and other investigations into a troublesome shoulder/arm, but that doesn't stop me cycling too much :smile:

OP
OP
algo

algo

Regular
thanks for the welcomes! PoP will be great - first time on a Saturday with road closures, so people will have to take notice, and this time I think we're all going to go together in one big group. It's a brilliant thing watching all the kids cycling down to the parliament!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: algo and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

Got any (other) plans for Saturday ? 'Twould be great to meet you and to ride with you :bicycle: - and remember the 3 Rulez of CC Ecosse Forum Rides:
  1. No one gets left behind
  2. Any bike will do (and trailers !)
  3. There will be CAKE :hungry: !

OP
OP
algo

algo

Regular
Hi Scoosh - thanks a lot for the invitation :-) I'd better check with the powers that be about that - looks like a great ride! Done something similar incorporating the Pencaitland railway before. I might be a bit slow though if I do go...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi Scoosh - thanks a lot for the invitation :-) I'd better check with the powers that be about that - looks like a great ride! Done something similar incorporating the Pencaitland railway before. I might be a bit slow though if I do go...
Oh - I hope you are "a bit slow" - I'm needing someone to chat with ! :hugs:
(I suspect some others have been riding regularly enough to have Chris-Hoy-type thighs - and that's just @Pat "5mph" @Telemark :surrender:)

Top Bottom