Hello from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dofdkl

Regular
I have taken up cycling to try and keep fit after retiring early. I've always had a bike but rarely cycled more than a couple of miles at a time. I'm gradually building up to the point at which I would feel that I could join a CTC outing without slowing everyone down.

arch684

Veteran
Hello and welcome to the forum

I have taken up cycling to try and keep fit after retirfirsing early. I've always had a bike but rarely cycled more than a couple of miles at a time. I'm gradually building up to the point at which I would feel that I could join a CTC outing without slowing everyone down.
You'll not slow anybody down :okay:
Other good social rides (that dont worry about pace) are the SPOKES monthly ride from the Usher Hall and the Edinburgh 10milers (or is it 20 :-/ )
:welcome:

Last edited:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Do consider either a 20milers ride (approx 20 miles @ 9-10mph) that meet every 2nd Saturday of the month (top of middle meadow walk), or if you're not quite at that level, an easycycle ride (approx 12-15 miles @ 7-8mph) on the last Sunday of each month (same meet up). Both are very 'social' rides. Theres plenty of info on the cycling Edinburgh website.

http://www.cycling-edinburgh.org.uk/

Welcome to the forum btw. :welcome:

OP
OP
dofdkl

dofdkl

Regular
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I think a 20milers ride would be manageable. I'll try and make the next one.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi and :welcome:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I think a 20milers ride would be manageable. I'll try and make the next one.
Its this coming Saturday. :okay:

The planned route is along the WOL path, with lunch at the Heriot Watt campus. Return route is along Gogar Station road, through The Gyle/South Gyle back towards WOL path again into the town centre where the ride will end most likely at Peters Yard cafe.

:welcome:
Feel free to quiz me for local knowledge.
Besides CTC the other good place to start is Spokes, the local campaign group. They produce great maps of good cycling routes and I believe they have regular organised gentle rides.
Do you know about Pedal on Parliament on 22nd April ?

Top Bottom