Hello from Evesham, Worcestershire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well that sounds a bit like the straw that broke the camel's back to me :tongue:

Surely on a hill most of your energy is fighting the force of gravity? Whereas on a flat it's mostly wind resistance. So the strength of the wind will have a greater affect upon the latter will it not?
I'm (normally) big and strong enough to cope with headwinds on the flat which cause problems for smaller riders, but when going up a steep hill I definitely prefer to have a little bit of help from a tailwind than a headwind making the climb even harder!

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Just back from a 9.2 mile (43 min) but it was very windy in fact I think I would rather have yesterday's rain.
Just waiting for my wife to get back from work and were off out again for a more relaxing jaunt. She really is getting into this.

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Oh dear, glad you are ok and the bike is fixed now. I have no problems with the Evesham Halfords team and they didn't over charge you or tell you to book it in next week.
Is it much smoother now it's fixed ?

Hopefully the new staff at Coventry will be on the ball when I get there!

Typhon

Thanks Brian. Yep the bike runs much smoother now. :smile: No bloody awful clunking any more!

I hope they do too. If you do buy your Triban from there just make sure it's when it's not a busy day so they have time to pay proper care and attention to building it!

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Or maybe save more for a Boardman from Evesham? (-;

The Knight is only at £23 so far and it finishes tonight!

My gears need some fettling on the cable adjustment I think maybe sooner than later, the last thing I want is a snapped chain when I am going for it.

Typhon

I wouldn't blame you for getting a Boardman from Halfords!! They did look nice in the shop today. Lighter than my Triban too but much more expensive of course.

Hopefully someone will snipe up the auction at the last minute so you get more money for it.

Yep definitely better to be safe than sorry. I have heard stories of the chain getting caught in the rear cassette and people going flying over the handlebars. That is a big worry of mine, could end up very nasty indeed.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello by the way!

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
All still going well here in Evesham, I get out every day and do at least an 8 mile circuit ( about 36 mins) still have not done more than 15 miles in one hit.
The weight is starting to fall off and I noticed today that my legs are starting to change shape and some of my clothes are very loose.

Still on the steel hybrid as there are no funds for the Triban 3 yet )-:

Top Bottom