hello from hornchurch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

spenno37

Regular
See you out on the Esssex lanes maybe.
Reckon so

Heigue'r

Veteran
hi Spenno37,im new myself,where do you cycle in hornchurch?i gave a cycle up sutton road and back down the south end road just to try and create a loop for myself,started roughly around dagenham east station and back,do you have any routes to recommend
thanks
vince

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Hi Vince.
Depending how far you want to go there are some great options. Out towards Belhus park then take the small lanes such as Stubbers Lane, Dunnings Lane, St Mary's Lane etc. then you can go a bit further up to Warley and then down Dark Lane over the non traffic bridge over the A12 and onto Southweald. From there the world is your oyster with some corking lanes. Get onto one of the free route planning web sites such as ride with GPS or map my ride etc and have fun plotting some routes.
I also like a little tour around Rainham Marshes out to the WW2 concrete barges. Very very quiet and of course car free.
But once you are North of the A127 there are some beautiful routes and you can't go wrong with any of em. I regularly go play as far as Stanstead these days (starting just on the other side of Romford to you) but its not that long since three miles was my limit! Good luck and have fun.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Thank you,might have a crack out belhus park way tomorrow morning(allthough ffriends stag tonight could end that)

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Welcome Vince:welcome:

Go east young man and try yourself on south hill and old church hill in langdon hills.

Certainly get you any hangover.

Aye that is a good cardio vascular workout of a hill for me at least!

Vince, you can always get a strong coffee at the Belhus woods Cafe and then scoot along to the lake and watch the old boys sail their remote controlled boats. Some of the scratch built ones are bl**dy impressive. (mind you I think the boat club is only there from about 10 until one o'clock so could be a bit early for the head). Enjoy the Stag do - what pub(s) should I avoid tonight?

OP
OP
S

spenno37

Regular
hi Spenno37,im new myself,where do you cycle in hornchurch?i gave a cycle up sutton road and back down the south end road just to try and create a loop for myself,started roughly around dagenham east station and back,do you have any routes to recommend
thanks
vince

OP
OP
S

spenno37

Regular
22 miler route:
From hornchurch go through the airfield estate chuck a left at lights which takes you to the old a13 all the way down towards rainham. Left at the lights near the old rainham police station. Go all the way down and heads towards brentwood. Then through brentwood. Then onto Harold Wood across a127 then back into hornchurch

Heigue'r

Veteran
Thanks guys,pubs to be avoided,g.i.first and then anywhere in hornchurch...lol...just going now but there were 20 out for a round of golf this morning so they could be a mess allready

Top Bottom