hello from manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Morning, from another Manc bod. :tongue:

DTD

Veteran
> hi and thank you, so you go for a harder seat? so wouldn't a gel cover help

Not advocating one carved from granitie, but a saddle that supports your sit bone and doesn't squish about (like a gel cover would) seems more comfortable for longer rides. Everyone's bum is different, so what's comfy for one isn't always comfy for another – but look at people who cycle long distances and they rarely seem to have squishy saddles. I think some of it IS about getting used to it, and I'm a fan of padded shorts.

What do others say?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Nahhhh,get a Brookes saddle,break the bugger in and wave goodbye to the need for padded shorts ! I rode to Cornwall without padded buttocks and my wonderful Brookes !

bitmadmax

Hey,

Greetings from Salford! (technically Lancashire.. but meh). I've been lurking here for a few years now so thought I'd best make an effort
wave.gif

Stephenite

Membå
Awww. Now i'm missing the place. It's been ten years since i moved. ...Ten long years.

Hi Noney, and hi to you too 'bandit.

+1 on the padded shorts. You could buy some short padded shorts to wear under baggies (or even jeans if you like) if you're just starting out and don't want to look like a 'pro'.

Personally, i go in phases with my cycling. Sometimes, i ride to work and back everyday, with trips on top, and other times it's just to the shop and back. When it's a prolonged 'trip-to-the-shop-and-back' i don't want to dress like Mark Cavendish so short cycling shorts under ordinary shorts does the trick.

Happy riding :smile:

OP
OP
N

noney82

hi all sorry iv not been on much, been a busy bee at work to save for holiday, still not worked out home to work this cycle computer
blush.gif

Top Bottom