Hello from Michigan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enkidu

Regular
Greetings from Michigan.

I have a 20 year old Bike Friday New World Tourist folding bike that I am converting to electric with a kit from Grin. Have not been riding much lately but the modified bike will get me out a lot more. Since the bike folds easily I can store in in our van which can keep it out of the sight of thieves.

My wife and I go to Provincetown on Cape Cod every year and I am looking forward to taking the bike there.

Zack S

:welcome:

Greetings from Michigan.

I have a 20 year old Bike Friday New World Tourist folding bike that I am converting to electric with a kit from Grin. Have not been riding much lately but the modified bike will get me out a lot more. Since the bike folds easily I can store in in our van which can keep it out of the sight of thieves.

My wife and I go to Provincetown on Cape Cod every year and I am looking forward to taking the bike there.

Zack S

Hi ^_^. Always liked the sound of Cape Cod but only made it to Boston, alas.

OP
OP
Enkidu

Enkidu

Regular
We live in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak. When we travel and people ask where we are from I like to say that we live north of Canada and love their confused looks. Not a big sports fan but I do vaguely make note of how MSU is doing,

RO map.jpg

I like to say that we live north of Canada and love their confused looks

Like it! As I used to live in the Great White North, one of my favourite geographic factoids is asking folk, 'if you are standing in downtown Detroit and go due south, what is the first country you arrive at?'. Even the majority of canucks do not realise Windsor is south of Detroit.

My late grandad was from Michigan but iirc nearer Chicago than Detroit. A little place called Escanaba. Small town America, nothing like big D, hockey town, Paris of the Midwest, motor city, the strait of Lake eyrie (Le detroit du lac eyrie).

My mum visited back in the 60s when 18 visiting her relatives on her American passport. She got out just before the riots but her parents, my grandparents, didn't know because great gran had no phone back then!

I've got loads of stories of my us family and what it was like there. Americans are a lot of fun if they're all like my relatives out there! 😆

Top Bottom