Hello from Montana/USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:welcome: @LordMarv and what a great first post.

You certainly are not old on this site probably somewhere right of centre. You will feel right at home with all the other CCers from over the pond and i can't wait to see some photos from your neck of the woods.

This is a really friendly bunch and there is always someone about whatever the time.Keep posting and tell us about where your ride.

Enjoy the ride, that's what it's all about after all :thumbsup:

OP
OP
LordMarv

LordMarv

LOL, what a great bunch of folks here!! Thank you for the warm welcome, both from across the pond and on this side of it!
And the Lord Marvin thing, that started a long time ago, once when my wife was irritated with me (Why, I ask you? Husbands are so misunderstood.), she said "Who do you think you are, Lord Marvin or something?!" So it stuck, Lord of my tiny domain and that's it...lol

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: and welcome!! This is a great place and I'm sure you'll meet some nutters nice folks :smile:
I'm married to an American and we live in beautiful Scotland :smile:

I love your part of the world although have never visited in person...my husband asked me to choose a state I'd like to live in, and after much research, I chose Montana! :biggrin:

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome from over here. As it happens I am the UK distributor for a company not far from you, well 917 miles to be precise but in the USA I guess that is not far.

Andy clarke

Hello and welcome

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hello from across the pond! I read several cycling forums, but out of all of them, this one seems the most friendly and I really enjoy reading the posts here.
As an old coot (52), I wish I could say I'd ridden for years, but I haven't. This last spring I picked up a beach cruiser type of bike, which was fun and fine for the flat paths, but I slowly started thinking about bike commuting to work, and that cruiser wouldn't work for that. So I picked up a road bike, screwed up the courage and started short distance, then longer rides. It was tough...lol! My commute is 8miles/12 K one way...for someone who hadn't ridden in 30 years the first few times just about killed me...lol. but since then I have dropped 20 lbs. and enjoying it much more.
I also decided I wanted a second bike for winter riding. We have a Raleigh bike store here, and there in the corner, almost unnoticed, sat a 2009 Raleigh One Way SS. Brand new, it had sat in the shop all this time, unloved and unpurchased, couldn't compete here against the newer looking bikes with disc brakes or 21 speeds and it wasn't blackor gun-metal grey(the latest colors) I fell in love, classic lines, dark blue frame, brooks saddle, nice fenders...so they made me a good deal and I bought it. And you know, I enjoy riding this much more than my road bike...makes the commute a little tougher but oh well.
Here, I don't deal with the insane amount of cars and buses that you folks may have...but bike commuting and bike culture is not common here and drivers can be pretty rude at times Most folks only look at biking as something to be done on the weekend and on the bike paths....and what the hell is that bike doing on the shoulder of the road anyway!?
Anyway, I very much enjoy this forum. Hope to make a few good friends here too!
Well howdy - doody (or something like that) to you Yankee Doodle Dandy.:welcome:
Hands across the ocean & all that.
In the interest of fun - here is the lowdown on us Brits.

A. We have a very dry sense of humour (often mistaken for rudeness/arrogance) & love nothing more than taking the PI$$ out of our friends/family/compatriots.
B. We all live on a very small but over populated Island.
C. We love to moan & whine - (it is our birthright) - you would too if you had David Cameron !!
D. We are all jealous - we don't live in Montana.
So welcome & at the risk of sounding like I am preaching on how to suck eggs - here is a link.
Howtosuckeggs.com.
Enjoy &
Merry BikeMass.

Top Bottom