Hello from Norway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norseman

I recently bought a Bkool trainer and was looking for a league to join when I saw your Mountain Goats League.
I started cycling when I worked in Woking every other week and bought a Giant Roam 3 to ride along the canal. I brought it with me back to Norway and continued to enjoy cycling.
Since I mostly ride on tarmac, I decided to go for a more road bike and bought a Cannondale Synapse 105 disc that I now have on my Bkool for the winter.
My plan/dream for next year is to join a group that is cycling from Oslo to Paris to watch the last day of TdF. 1700 km in 9 days will require a great deal of training on the Bkool this winter but also long rides outdoor next spring/summer.

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:

OP
OP
Norseman

Norseman

Hi and welcome.

That sounds like a great target. Good foe you putting in those hours on a trainer, it can't be easy getting miles on the road in Norway this time of year.

No, not that bad, no it's only getting dark around 18.00. So the long trips outside is best kept to the weekend. The ice and snow (hopefully) will stay away a month or two, although I remember years when the snow came late October and went early April.

OP
OP
Norseman

Norseman

:thanks:

Thanks, @Scoosh, but don't forget @Stephenite - he lives just up the road from me.

Hello Norseman and welcome to a great cycling community. I'm in Oslo, where the roads are hilly and pot-holed and the drivers pretty careless.

See you around on the forum.

Thank you, Dayvo!

I live in Drammen, only 40 km west of Oslo so I guess we're having the same road conditions.

Top Bottom