Hello from SE Essex ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Evening all just thought I'd pop in & say hello , relativity new to cycling but had a ride out last weekend & really really enjoyed it , with that it prompted me to book an entry into the London to Southend ride on Sunday 17th July ( omg ! Really what have I done lol ! ) ive a few questions that I'd like to ask about that so will look around the site & find the relevant area to ask my questions

Thanks for reading :smile:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
:welcome: quite a challenge you have set yourself for a beginner, enjoy the forum and your bike.

Welcome! And well done for taking the plunge on London-Southend, that's a really good ride to start with: well organised, plenty of riders, plenty of stops and nothing too hilly. You'll be able to winch up Manor Road and the hill into Stock on a road-tyred MTB, and the rest is nice, rolling country. Whereabouts in SE Essex are you? (Leigh on Sea here) :smile:

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Welcome! And well done for taking the plunge on London-Southend, that's a really good ride to start with: well organised, plenty of riders, plenty of stops and nothing too hilly. You'll be able to winch up Manor Road and the hill into Stock on a road-tyred MTB, and the rest is nice, rolling country. Whereabouts in SE Essex are you? (Leigh on Sea here) :smile:

I'm just out on the Dengie peninsular in Mayland just across the water mate :smile:

Thanks for the welcome

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Hi @Tiny01 welcome. There's a few Essex people on here and plenty of local rides we could point you in the way of

Hi Diggs

Cool ... Sounds good that , is there a list of rides local to me anywhere to have a look at as that's something that I'd be interested in for sure & would in turn get me a few more miles in the saddle in preparation for the London - Southend event ? :smile:

Diggs

Veteran
Hi Diggs

Cool ... Sounds good that , is there a list of rides local to me anywhere to have a look at as that's something that I'd be interested in for sure & would in turn get me a few more miles in the saddle in preparation for the London - Southend event ? :smile:
We head out from Billericay on the local shop ride to various places, we sometimes head Cold Norton/Purleigh way on occasion, I think there's also a plan for a few of us to do the Tour of the Dengie in May (option of one or two laps if you were interested)
There's a big club in Maldon who arrange a lot of stuff and various other organisations (CTC etc) or put an invite on here or even try Skyride social

Top Bottom