Hello from sunny Torbay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kems

Hi everyone - my name is Mark and I live in Paignton in Devon. I've been riding a MTB for 4 years or so with a mixture of off and on road. However, of late my riding has been road based. I like riding road and have been riding 20-30 miles.

I rode a road bike for the first time in about 20 years recently and realised riding a MTB on the road is like riding through custard!

Road bikes arrives on Thursday!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Greetings! Yes, MTB's on the road can be hard work! Horses for courses, as they say :smile:

OP
OP
K

Kems

After a lot of research, test rides I went for the Giant Defy 3. Picked up a 2013 for a good price. I could have had the 2 for 20 quid more but the colour was naff! So went for the 3 in black.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi Mark and:welcome:
I know what you mean with the MTB having just finished a forced period on a heavy old steed after my road bike was stolen.
Enjoy your new road bike.

OP
OP
K

Kems

One of the rides I do involves several pretty good hills. The app shows I climb just over 1100 ft over 12 mile ride. My legs know about that! Especially doing it two days on the trot. I want to improve my climbing ability, so the legs are going to be taking some punishment.

Top Bottom