Hello from windy Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nathjh

Hi guys and girls. I'm Nathan from Cambridge, I ride a giant escape 2 daily to work, nothing fancy and only do about 4 miles a day currently, just got a new job where ill be doing about 16. Looking for advice and to share stories and other exciting cycling related chat! Anyone else struggling with the wind at the moment? I nearly crossed the road yesterday after getting hit with a hell of a cross wind!!!
I cycle the guided busway sometimes Cambridge to st Ives in just under an hour (at a leisurely pace!)

Possibly looking to get a road bike in the beat future...

mchunt

Hi & Welcome.

Wind certainly is a problem especially out in the eastern flat parts of England.

Surely you would be better getting a dinghy if you are planning to use the busway! seems to be flooded every time I plan a ride to go down it, hopefully better weather will be here soon.

OP
OP
N

Nathjh

Yeah to be fair I usually take my swimming shorts with me never know what it's going to be like. Haven't seen the new lights on there yet, imagine they'll be rubbish!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:welcome:Nathan.

You'll find plenty of advice and chat in the commuting section and we seem to have a few members that use the Busway quite frequently.:thumbsup:

For what it's worth, the wind is a pain at the moment. I shall be glad when it swings back round to the west.

MisterStan

Label Required
Hi Nathan, I commute daily from St Ives to Cambridge - sometimes along the Busway, sometimes through the villages for a change. I'm either on a white Giant TCR or a black Claud Butler Levante - usually in convoy with some others. We came back the other side of the A14 yesterday - the wind was a killer - lots of gusts! Welcome to the forum.

Hello :smile: i dont like headwinds either !! :smile:

Top Bottom