Hello im Daz from Lincoln...Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daz stevens

Regular
Hi All.

I have just found this forum and am so exited to find such great information.I got into cycling about 6 months ago when i started pleasure ridding on my old hybrid bike then a friend at work suggested i get a Boardman.So that's exactly what i did and i love it .....well apart from the creaky crank...(unless that's just my bones ) Had a great ride out today apart from the wind'Rain' oh and a puncture just for good measure lol.Any way im waffling now so i look forward to meeting you all.....Daz:hello:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it. :welcome:

OP
OP
Daz stevens

Daz stevens

Regular
thanks snorri.

i had planned at least a 50 mile ride today so i set of @7.30am got to the destination @around 9am. Had a bacon sarni and a coffee then set of back...Great day so far!!!!!!!! then firstly i lost a screw from one of my cleats....great....sorted that one out then the heavens opened...ok no problem a little rain (keep me cool i guess ) then it really rained cycled another 4 miles of so then got a puncture....Great ok so im only 6 mile from home so ill catch the bus home...no problem.Sat in the bus shelter for 30 mins waiting for the bus...Bus came so i said to the driver can i bring my bike on the bus?No he said unless it folds up and can fit in the luggage compartment. Ok so ill walk home......Great day lol

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Daz.

Sorry you had to walk home. Getting some practice in doing puncture repairs would be a good move at this point - it's one of those satisfying things to fix yourself.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Daz stevens

Daz stevens

Regular
Hi

To be honest i got one of those foam canisters from halfords but after talking to my mate who has also tried them he said they do the job but make a right mess and it took him 4 house to clean his wheels after useing it so i thought as i am not to far away i wont use it.Im now looking at slime tubes.

beardy01

Hi All.

I have just found this forum and am so exited to find such great information.I got into cycling about 6 months ago when i started pleasure ridding on my old hybrid bike then a friend at work suggested i get a Boardman.So that's exactly what i did and i love it .....well apart from the creaky crank...(unless that's just my bones ) Had a great ride out today apart from the wind'Rain' oh and a puncture just for good measure lol.Any way im waffling now so i look forward to meeting you all.....Daz:hello:
Keep an eye on your creaky crank just had to have my bottom bracket replaced on my trek which started with the aformentioned creaky crank....welcome

raleighnut

Legendary Member
thanks snorri.

i had planned at least a 50 mile ride today so i set of @7.30am got to the destination @around 9am. Had a bacon sarni and a coffee then set of back...Great day so far!!!!!!!! then firstly i lost a screw from one of my cleats....great....sorted that one out then the heavens opened...ok no problem a little rain (keep me cool i guess ) then it really rained cycled another 4 miles of so then got a puncture....Great ok so im only 6 mile from home so ill catch the bus home...no problem.Sat in the bus shelter for 30 mins waiting for the bus...Bus came so i said to the driver can i bring my bike on the bus?No he said unless it folds up and can fit in the luggage compartment. Ok so ill walk home......Great day lol
Bus shelters are great for repairing punctures in the rain, and cooking a meal/making a cuppa when touring. Slept in a few too.:biggrin:

beardy01

Hi Nice to meet you.

Do you think it would be worth taking it back to halfords as its still under warranty?
Mine started when putting extra pressure on the pedals which made like a clanking sound and just got worse, if its similar its probably best to check it out you dont want more time spent at the bus shelter mine was £25 from evans and £25 labour not sure if warranty covers it mine didnt but that was 7mths down the line. Good luck

Top Bottom