Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xxKai

Warmest greetings from Seattle Washington (Usa). Ironically It's chilly today :P

I've started to cycle around and as the distance got longer and longer I decided to start doing things correctly, so I'm mainly here to learn and ask for help. I decided with this forum mainly because I like how the site's set up, and because of the large amount of users.

Lol I've been using my sister's bike (mine has those gear things but it doesn't work) so I plan on going to the bike shop today to hopefully get a nice bike, any suggestions?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:welcome: @xxKai i'm no bike choosing expert but there are loads of people on here who will help you. Guess the main thing is what type of riding will you be doing? Road or off road and then go from there.

Whatever you decide to get enjoy the ride, that's what its all about. Not distance or times, it's the ride itself that you need to get first. Tell us all about it on the newbie progress thread, they are all really helpful and supportive and post us some pictures of your ride .

Enjoy, keep posting and keep pedalling.:smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:to cycle chat @xxKai !
Try to test ride a few bikes first before making a purchase, maybe fix the one you got (gears can be very useful on hills) tell us all about your rides, then somebody with more knowledge than mine :smile: will be able to suggest a brand for you.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:welcome:to cycle chat @xxKai !
Try to test ride a few bikes first before making a purchase, maybe fix the one you got (gears can be very useful on hills) tell us all about your rides, then somebody with more knowledge than mine :smile: will be able to suggest a brand for you.
@xxKai don't be fooled by @pat5mph. What she refers to as hills are yours and my mountains and she thinks nothing of nipping out for a quick spin round her 100 mile block. She is Italian so there is probably some Ferrari or Maserati in the blood :laugh:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and :welcome:
Yeah, look around your bike shop and see what's on offer.
Don't be hasty. Take your time and be sure of what you want.
If you are not sure, ask us and we will try to help.
Good luck.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi xxKai and :welcome:.

So, did you get a new bike?

OP
OP
xxKai

xxKai

@Biker Joe @BigonaBianchi - Thanks!

Hey @Rickshaw Phil - I wasn't able to get to the shop last night and unfortunately didn't have time to or the sunlight to take pictures of my bike. I'm pretty happy though that I was able to bike halfway to work this morning, then took a bus the other half. 10 miles of biking is my new record =] other details asap x_x

Top Bottom