Hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andyrums

Regular
Hi guys

Well I would like to say hi to you all as I am new to the sure.I am pretty new to the cyling world and got my first road bike last year.I have been out with friends on rides but very low on confidence and not confident with my bike handling.I live near Bath in the West Country......well I will leave it there for now!

Andy

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: Andy
I live in Scotland and ride a mountain bike. I was not at all confident when I got back on a bike last October - now you can't keep me off it!

OP
OP
Andyrums

Andyrums

Regular
Hello there :smile:

Thanks for the reply,yeah it's a bit intimidating vas all of my friends have been riding for years and I havnt really since I was. 13 so they don't really get my worries

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Like scotialass, I wasn't confident last august, but dont worry, you'll soon become confident with practise and time on your bike. Have fun, thats the main thing. Enjoy the ride however long or short, and don't worry about what others are doing. Take it slowly. :welcome:

OP
OP
Andyrums

Andyrums

Regular
Well thanks too :smile:,yeah I know it's a vicious circle I guess you are worried about going out but then you need to get out to get the confidence !

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well thanks too :smile:,yeah I know it's a vicious circle I guess you are worried about going out but then you need to get out to get the confidence !

Exactly. If you have a park near you, or country lanes then go there and ride. Even if you live in a city, there will be parks, and quiet streets. Have a go there. Take your time and enjoy. Then you will increase your confidence.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:
I'm scared of downhill, gravel paths, tight corners :smile:
Still managed almost 3000 miles for the year to date :thumbsup:

Top Bottom