Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daisyj

Über Member
Hi everyone. I'm 46 and overweight. I really want to get fit and have bought a carrera subway. In the past week I've been out for three rides of 3 miles. The route is part road and part cycle/ footpath with a couple of hills (well they feel like hills to me!!). I've only averaged 7.5 mph and a maximum of 20 mph. I'm sticking to the same route until my confidence and speed increases, and hoping it does!! Feeling impatient and wanting to improve.

:welcome:
Good start. I find distance tends to push me harder than speed. Speed seems to improve without I realising it

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: and well done.
I used to take note of how far/fast I went but now I just cycle as far as I feel, like on any particular day.
You're getting out there and as you get fitter you'll improve your speed/distance naturally :smile:

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm focusing too much on what I can't do yet. I went out in the rain today, absolutely loved it and felt great so I'm going to make sure I get out there often and enjoy it ☺

Hippy

Regular
A nice steady pace can often take you further than perhaps you realize. finding a pace that is comfortable for yourself will make it more enjoyable and will increase in time naturally. Don't forget it is also about enjoyment.

Top Bottom