Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velominati

Hello everyone,

Joining this site is my first step in my attempt at getting back into cycling. I stopped cycling about 5 years ago because I rediscovered my passion for motorcycles and to be honest that is where things started to go wrong for me. My health deteriorated because I wasn't getting the exercise that I used to get on my faithful old bicycle, I was involved in a nasty crash which was caused by a car driver attempting to perform a U-turn on a very busy road, he made the comment (I didn't see him) I'm sure we are all familiar with that old excuse. I hit the car at about 50mph and to cut a long story short I ended up with a broken right knee and a shattered collar bone and a few other injuries, I was told by the medics that I was lucky to survive the accident. The biggest problem for me at the moment is the psychological damage that the accident caused me, I'm just not trusting car drivers anymore. I still ride my motorcycle but the enjoyment has now gone. I like being on two wheels and the slower pace of life on a bicycle really appeals to me. I am looking forward to chatting with the members here and I'm hoping that this site will be a springboard for me to get back into the one thing that I used to love, cycling.
Regards
Velominati

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Welcome but in case you didn't know: your chosen nickname has a rather less nice meaning... http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

Rule No 1 Dont obey the rules
I particularly like rule 49
Rule 49
Keep the rubber side down.
It is completely unacceptable to intentionally turn one’s steed upside down for any reason under any circumstances. Besides the risk of scratching the saddle, levers and stem, it is unprofessional and a disgrace to your loyal steed. The risk of the bike falling over is increased, wheel removal/replacement is made more difficult and your bidons will leak. The only reason a bicycle should ever be in an upside down position is during mid-rotation while crashing. This Rule also applies to upside down saddle-mount roof bars

Top Bottom