Hello :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoke-broke

Hi, I'm Greg.

I live in the Bedfordshire Alps...well I once saw a hill, or it might have been a hump-back bridge?

Have been cycling all my life off and on - commuting to school, a few touring holidays of England with tents and full kit, in my youth. More commuting to work, a break for several years, and - er - more commuting to work! Fun riding in all weathers including this Winter's snow.

I like a bike where the wheels spin concentrically without those annoying flat spots and wobbles that develop when you go over a pothole or (in)advertently mount a kerb. Gears that work properly and chains that don't slip or ride off the chain-wheels are also a distinct advantage.

I don't like hanging around, but am not about to win the Tour de France. I hide behind the sofa when I see some of those Red Bull extreme nutcase events...mind you, I don't think too many people have died doing them - have they? I would however be flatlining with a broken neck after the first crap attempt. Am not really a cyclists' cyclist as you can tell.

After four decades of not wearing a helmet I recently succombed after reading tales of people surviving collisions that would have probably killed them. Gyro Indicator.

My feelings of invincibility recently took a knock when I got reversed into whilst crossing behind a car that had overshot the lights by a couple of feet and thought he'd best back up for no particularly good reason. Slow speed, got off, bike OK ish, me fine.

I've had an ancient Raleigh girls bike, a Raleigh youths' 'racing' cycle, a Puch Buckingham, Carera (I think, from Cycle King) Cappuccino 'mountain bike'. My current machine was a gift and is a Raleigh Ghost 'mountain bike' - laughable description really. It's got a smallish (probably the wrong size) aluminium alloy frame, but the equipment is rather duff. Spokes twang, wheels buckle.

Great to be a member. Happy cycling :smile:

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Welcome! Just don't mention helmets again - ever.
whistling.gif

Corgi Kid

Hi Greg,

Am new here to. Ive just decided on buying a Giro Monza after reading about some horrific head injuries suffered on the roads. There's an awful lot to choose from though :wacko:

Top Bottom