Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rollinstok

I just got myself a nice Marin Sausalito hybrid bike and am hoping to get some fitness back. I,m 53 and have done a few cycle camping tours in the past but have been lazy for the last 7 yrs ( through some illness but mainly idleness ). I,m in Morecambe on the west coast of Lancashire and if there is anyone who is willing to let me slow them down on local day rides or whatever then I,d love to hear from you. It would be nice just to talk bike and learn some stuff also. Thanks.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Hello to the West, from the East.

Fond memories of Morecambe: used to go there on scooter rallies; is the Beer Keller still going strong?

OP
OP
rollinstok

rollinstok

Hello to the West, from the East.

Fond memories of Morecambe: used to go there on scooter rallies; is the Beer Keller still going strong?

Hi Jimmy, The Beer Kellar is going gone I,m afraid, Morecambe is suffering a bit with shops and bars closing all the time. If we didn,t have the lovely views and a very good cycle path network there wouldnt be much to keep me here ( oh yeah..the missus--almost forgot ). There is still the odd scooter rally but they are not as well attended anymore. I lived in Blackburn most of my life and have a couple of mates there who used to come on those rallies and I believe they were massive not too long ago.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
That's a shame, we were always made to feel most welcome back in the late eighties.

Anyway, enjoy the bike and don't be a stranger!

OP
OP
rollinstok

rollinstok

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I enjoyed the wind free day yesterday ( rare in Morecambe ) and did 23 flat miles to Glasson Dock and back including a gander round Lancaster. My legs are sore today and it shows how unfit I am. I was once 4 miles off completing 100 miles in a day fully loaded cycle touring but was so tired when I got to the campsite that I just couldnt stay on the bike anymore. How things have changed !!... I,m pleasantly surprised to find my bums not sore today though..?

Top Bottom