Helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
This may be a new reason to wear a helmet, full face. Not come across it before.
Stop the wearer being identified as the rider of the bike. Response from a prat on two wheels who had to stop or face going hedlong into the path of a bus.
He, like me was on the pavement, travelling against the flow of traffic. Unlike him though I was on two feet at the time.

Anyone else come accross this one.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
No. A buff worn facemask style would do the same job though.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think he means someone was wearing a full face helmet to hide their features so that they could ride their bike on the pavement. C33 was walking on the pavement at the time and the rider, coming towards him and against the flow of traffic, had to stop cycling to let C33 past or face hopping on to the road in to the path of an oncoming bus.

Anyway, that's what I think he said.

Am I right? What do I win? :blush:

shimano

' Stop the wearer being identified as the rider of the bike...'
hmmm, does 33 think that if someone is wearing a full face helmet the bike he's riding becomes invisible???

yello

Night Train said:
Am I right? What do I win? :biggrin:

That's about my interpretation of it too. Tbh, I didn't think c33's meaning was so difficult to glean so, sorry, no prize! ;)

Yes, it is difficult to identify someone if they are wearing a full face helmet. I'm no fun am I? :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any helmet, that isn't wind tunnel designed, has a habit of cooking my bonce, so anything that isn't race developed is a no no....who the hell can wear a full helmet, or one of granny's cookpots (skate style) on their heads has me confuddled......and very hot at the thought !

No-one recognises you in bike gear anyway...................

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Its being done in order to stop the rider being identified at a later time. After the event, not during the event, by a second person.
You try to report them for their manner of cycling, they can deny it was them.

Keith Oates

Janner
People wear face masks out here all the time and very frustrating as you don't know who you're talking to most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom