help pricing bikes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edthevanman

Hi everyone :wacko:

My 86 year old father has the following bikes in his shed:

Mercian King s/n 80278 Mens 10 speed
Tom Bromwich 10 speed ladies
Dawes Double Blue gents 12 speed
Carlton ladies 10 speed

They are all approx 25 years old will less than 50 miles on each bike.He bought them when he retired to go cycling then Mum has a stroke so never really used and stored in a shed since.

Does any one had any ideas what they are worth and where I could sell them on his behalf.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Pam
Happy cycling to one and all:tongue:

bobg

Über Member
edthevanman said:
Hi everyone ;)

My 86 year old father has the following bikes in his shed:

Mercian King s/n 80278 Mens 10 speed
Tom Bromwich 10 speed ladies
Dawes Double Blue gents 12 speed
Carlton ladies 10 speed

They are all approx 25 years old will less than 50 miles on each bike.He bought them when he retired to go cycling then Mum has a stroke so never really used and stored in a shed since.

Does any one had any ideas what they are worth and where I could sell them on his behalf.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Pam
Happy cycling to one and all:tongue:

Hi Pam, E Bays the best option but if you dont want to post ( which is a big pain with bikes) then you limit your buying population and therefore the bidding . The Double Blue was a cheap heavy job in the early 60's and not of any significant value. The Mercian is poss another matter. Can you post a pic. Pretty well all Mercians are sought after. Take a look at their web site or give them a ring, they're very helpful. Good luck NB You may even find a buyer here for that one!

stephec

Legendary Member
These kind of bikes seem to be quite popular on acf, someone there may be able to offer more advice.

chriswhite65

dawES DOUBLE BLUE

hi pam contact me i am interested in the dawes double blue

Top Bottom