help, tyre bulge :( :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
any idea what could be causing the bulges in my tyre?? i first noticed them at the end of sundays sportive, and this morning i took tyre and tube off and out- refitted both- and have only succeeded in moving the bulges to a different point on the rim... ;):sad: how can i stop this ?? ;):sad:

100_0940.JPG
100_0939.JPG

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm no expert, but it looks knackered to me! ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
In addition to my previous unhelpful comment (:wacko:) I have the same tyres, I think... (Schwalbe Blizzard/Lugano ??) I once turned one inside out, looking for what kept causing punctures. When I turned it the right way again, it looked a bit like your picture. So I gave it to the dog to play with. :biggrin:

Have you tried fitting the tubes with something like talcum powder (© dellzeqq) (in the tyre and on the tube) to allow the inflated tube to 'slip' around the tyre when settling in? It may be sticking, for want of a better word...dunno. All your stuff is recent though Andy...maybe 'phone the shop and get some new tyres foc.? :wacko:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
i think a foc'ing phone call may be the order of the day, as on closer inspection the situation is the same on the rear tyre :biggrin:

the only good thing is that my high levels of laziness have paid off as i never got round to throwing out the old tyres, which will have to do for a few days, but will not be up to the 450+km on saturday ... :wacko:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this is a wierd one. Twenty years ago tyres used to bulge like this a lot - but not nowadays.

I can post a 700 23 Conti 4000 to you if you want - it's been used but is still good for a couple of thousand miles.

(and the reason, gentle readers, is that when I got the new model Conti 4000 for the rear the writing had changed and I wanted my tyres to match so I got one for the front - that is sooooo pathetic)

Shaun

Founder
I just want to be there when you ring the shop:

"Hello, yes, I've got this bulge I need you to look at ..." :wacko:

bonj2

It looks to me like a classic case of a warped tyre. Once a tyre is warped, there's no redeeming it. Get a new one immediately.

Top Bottom