Help with dura ace rear mech.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
image.jpeg
i was about to to nip my cable up on the rear mech this morning, the slightest turn and it popped out on a spring now I can't get it back any ideas would be apprieciated, or is it another visit to the bike shop. ?

boydj

Legendary Member
I'd break the chain and take the whole mech off so that I could get some leverage on that screw with no cable in there, to try to get it to catch.

OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I am starting to think its a heli coil in there and not a spring, cant find a lot of info its 10 years old will have a good look at the weekend.

OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
image.jpeg I have pulled it out, I thought it was a spring but obviously it must be a helicoil, ? the thread has been stripped on the deraillier,

Last edited:

Svendo

Guru
I've not had a 7700 RD, but none of the others I've had had a helicoil or anything in there. Have a look at the exploded techdoc thingy (PDF download) and there's not one on that. I think it must be as Nibor says, the thread from inside.

OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Svendo thanks for the download that is what I have been trawling the net for, I have been looking for the thread size of the bolt so I can order the helicoil.

At sometime in its life the thread has been stripped and someone has had the repair done which is the Helicoil, thanks to your pdf download I can now order a new helicoil and hopefully re insert.

Top Bottom