Hi from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaggersJeff

Jeff 63
After spending a lot of time between 35 and 45 road racing and time trialling with various clubs, had a long break from the sport and got back into it about 6 years ago. Stepped it up a bit last year with mileage increases and commutes to work. Unfortunately struck down by a nasty chest infection in October, which kept me off the bike until just before Xmas.
Since then I have only been doing short rides, as I am finding a real struggle with my breathing, particularly as the weather has turned colder. It must be 20 years since I done any training on the road in winter!!
Took the plunge today and bought a new turbo trainer (BKool Pro) so looking forward to getting some miles in my legs with that.
I have an older Bianchi Nirone with Campag kit, currently on the old turbo, and in September last year I picked up a 2015 Whyte Suffolk, primarily as a winter bike under the cycle to work scheme. Its set up with 105 components, Shimano off road pedals and shoes - much easier to walk in!^_^ A Total change after swearing by Campag for years!!

I have a couple of long charity rides planned for later this year, and with your members knowledge and help will be working towards those.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome:

Firestorm

Veteran
Can I assume that you are from Dagenham Jeff ? Or is it a football reference ?
Which clubs,did you cycle with ?

Welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaggersJeff

DaggersJeff

Cheers for the Welcome guys and girls!
Firestorm......Its a football reference...been a Daggers fan since just after the merger in '92
Started off with Becontree, have also ridden for Redbridge, a flirtation with Eagle and now with RomfordCC

SteveWBN

Jeff 63
After spending a lot of time between 35 and 45 road racing and time trialling with various clubs, had a long break from the sport and got back into it about 6 years ago. Stepped it up a bit last year with mileage increases and commutes to work. Unfortunately struck down by a nasty chest infection in October, which kept me off the bike until just before Xmas.
Since then I have only been doing short rides, as I am finding a real struggle with my breathing, particularly as the weather has turned colder. It must be 20 years since I done any training on the road in winter!!
Took the plunge today and bought a new turbo trainer (BKool Pro) so looking forward to getting some miles in my legs with that.
I have an older Bianchi Nirone with Campag kit, currently on the old turbo, and in September last year I picked up a 2015 Whyte Suffolk, primarily as a winter bike under the cycle to work scheme. Its set up with 105 components, Shimano off road pedals and shoes - much easier to walk in!^_^ A Total change after swearing by Campag for years!!

I have a couple of long charity rides planned for later this year, and with your members knowledge and help will be working towards those.
Hello Jeff,
I've also just joined up as a brand new BKool user living in Epping. It's taking a while to get to grips with it and am looking forward to finding some UK based rides rather than peddling around Spain. Also looking forward to warmer dryer weather to make the most of Navestock and beyond!
Enjoy the new trainer!

Top Bottom