hi from Leigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icky

gone pedlin
Hi from Leigh Lancashire, new to cycling in Jan under Docs orders to lose weight and get in shape ,now im positively hooked .

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to Cycle Chat!
It is easy to get hooked, cycling is great fun and excellent for fitness.
What bike are you riding?
We love pictures of bikes :smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi icky and welcome the name sort of brings back some very distant child hood memories lol there used to be a silly saying around here which was " Icky the bare b*m fire bobbie " never did find out just where or how it came about was this something local to your part of Lancashire ? Now as to the cycling as @Pat "5mph" says it is very easy to get hooked and it also becomes expensive ! why because of all the little shiny new extras that one always seem to need ( I don't think it's just me on this one) not always want and you always seem to need another bicycle as a spare just in case or what ever so welcome aboard my friend and very happy cycling, plus you do have some of the best pie shop's in Leigh !!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Hi Ernie think that comes from Mike Harding used to listen to him as a kid with my dad , Ginny Green teeth was another of his .

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Pat 5mph im currently riding a Carrera tdf was all i could afford at time but its not a bad stead generally cover 25 to 50 miles .

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Your right Ernie already upgraded tyres and gone clipless oh and swapped sadle to a charge spoon constantly looking for bigger and better .

Welcome i too am in this to try to shed a bit of poundage. All the best MIke.

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Hi Scotialass its worked for me between diet and cycling lost 2.5 stone and brought colesterol levels down from 7.2 to 4.1 and its enjoyable.

Top Bottom