Hi from Oldbury in the Midlands

• Thread starter Deleted member 22722
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnneW

Über Member
:welcome: Hello Alexis, I'm another larger than average cyclist. I'm nearer to 50 and a health check is a good idea. Your GP won't think of it as a waste of time, they'll be glad to hear about your change of lifestyle and will be will happy to encourage you into further weight loss.

Hills are hard when you're not sylph like, but you will beat them :thumbsup:

jamin100

Guru
I live at the top of mucklow hill, you could always go up the not so steep dual carriage way by mcdonalds and the join manor way / spies lane and join the hagley rd by the new asda

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22722

Thanks for all the "welcomes" everyone. It really is encouraging to find so many people willing to provide help and guidance to us newbies.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22722

Just thought i'd revisit this old post of mine to say that I actually made it up Mucklow Hill in one go yesterday. Even if my Garmin was only registering 3mph at one point I got up there in one go. I actually found the first section up to the B&Q island tougher than the second section after the island.

The weekend before I also got up Hagley Hill in one piece as part of a 30 mile trip.

What a difference 6 weeks makes. Some of the smaller hills that I used to struggle with I now fly up and those that I actively avoided I now know can be conquered.

Just Portway Hill left on my local 'to do' list before I venture off seeking bigger climbs.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22722

Nice. Will check those out over the next couple of weekends.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've already said hi to Alexis by PM ('conversation') where I established that, yes, he was indeed the fella who sold me my Dell laptop in 2008 in the Midlands. A pure coincidence that he turned up here on CycleChat and I remembered his name! :hello:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22722

Yup. I cycle to my workplace each day which is in the centre of Dudley so can't escape having to go up and down at some point. Before cycling I never realised the Midlands was such a hilly place.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Top Bottom