Hi From Shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sarah79

Hey,

Just a quick post to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Sarah, 31 years old, just got into cycling after having to lay off rock-climbing with a dodgy shoulder. I'm looking to get my first 'proper' bike soon, after I've ridden my current (read, 'very old') one into the ground. I tend to average 22mph on the flat, though need to work on my stamina and muscle strength in terms of hills!

Cheers

Sarah

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hey,

Just a quick post to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Sarah, 31 years old, just got into cycling after having to lay off rock-climbing with a dodgy shoulder. I'm looking to get my first 'proper' bike soon, after I've ridden my current (read, 'very old') one into the ground. I tend to average 22mph on the flat, though need to work on my stamina and muscle strength in terms of hills!

Cheers

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Where part from Shropshire do you hail from ? I live in Trefonen, just West of Oswestry. Apart from Girofan (who hasn't logged on the forum for ages) I'm not aware of any other Shropshire members. If you average 22mph on the flat, there will be few that can keep with you. You'd be welcome to join myself & my family on a bike ride . . . . . . . but you'd be far too quick for us. :biggrin:

Oh yes, if you ever want to stop at a cafe in the region of Oswestry, I can thoroughly recommend Canal Central in Maesbury, they get quite a few cyclists stopping there. All food is home-made. http://www.canalcentral.co.uk/

If you 'click' on the Mrember Map tab, you can see the current members in Shropshire (and elsewhere).

Plenty of hills in Shropshire on which to train, I tend to stick to the Tanat Valley/Berwyns, cos the roads are quieter.

Enjoy you like the forum.

Hi Sarah - if you are from north Shropshire you can see the hills coming from miles and take avoiding action! At least that's what I do
icon_sad.gif

welcome aboard.

Top Bottom