Hi from West Norfolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue Steel

I bet you take your SV out to the airbase, and reenact that scene from Top Gun where Tom Cruise races the Tomcats down the runway on his GPZ900. I bet you even have the Kenny Loggins theme tune playing on your ipod. Go on admit it, you know you want too. ;)

Blue Steel

Well I guess I asked for that! Somebody old told me :whistle: that Kenny Loggins was the chappy who did the song thingy that accompanied Tom during his Tomcat racing antics.

Apparently.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Welcome from another E Anglain! I often cycle through your neck of the woods on my way to the Wells area (well, Barton Bendish through Narborough and on to West Acre). A fine part of the world.

Hello from another one in Norwich.

If you are interested, I run an AllleyCat on the last Wednesday evening of every month.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi and :welcome:.

I was in West Norfolk last weekend (Thurs - Sun). At Searles, Hunstanton. Popped into Fatbirds to get some brake cables. They've got a few bargains in their sale room if you're passing.

We meet outside the Forum on Millennium Plain in Norwich at 7.15pm on the last Wednesday of every month.
I hand out a sheet with a set of clues, tasks to complete and the location of the checkpoints. All the cyclists depart and the first one to arrive with a correctly completed sheet at Jurnets Bar is the winner.

You would probably get a better idea of our style of AlleyCat if you visit our facebook page ..... Just type in Norwich AlleyCat into the FB search bar ....... I have about 100 photos of previous clues posted up there. Alternatively please visit the following link: http://overthegate.myfreeforum.org/about24920

If you would like to join in, but are unsure about navigating in Norwich, may I suggest that you team up with some of our regulars.... we have several ladies pairs/teams participate, including my partner; Lois and a couple of her friends (I always have the original set of clues password protected on my laptop to prevent Lois cheating by having a sneaky peek), and a group of ladies of various ages from the UEA and NUCA, who always welcome newbies to join them for the Alleycat.

We are open to all ages and abilities, and have had entrants from 16-67 years old take part, a young student in her electric assist wheel chair, a young couple on a tandem towing a toddler in a trailer, the usual mix of students from the UEA & NUCA having a cheap night out, older cyclist out to enjoy exploring the city on their bicycles, and a couple of middle aged lycra clad wannabes.

We have taken the social rather than the outright competitive approach, and everyone has a great time which is not complete unless I have been called a devious B******* more than once.

Free car parking is available for the evening at Wensum Lodge College (Jurnets is the SU bar there) on King Street, and it is about 1/2 mile ride to the Forum from there.

Top Bottom