Hi Guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joesoap

Regular
I'm the new "Coffin Dodger" from Preston, Lancs aged 71. I have had type 2 Diabetes for a few years but six months ago the Medical Practice Nurse read me the "Riot Act" about getting my diet, drink and exercise under control.....or else! So I decided for once in my life to listen to advice (My wife reckons that is sooooo unlike me), get my old bike out of the shed, turn out the "Man Drawer" to find the cycle clips and get peddaling. In the last six months I have lost two and a half stone and am now down from 14 stone to 11st 7 and feeling much better for it. As a reward I have just bought myself a new bike. The old bike is a 1950s "New Hudson" that I inherited from my Uncle in the 80s so I reckoned that as it didn't owe me anything I would have a change and get something with more than three gears. I am now the proud owner of one of Mr Halford's finest... an Apollo Belmont and am loving it. I am hoping to engage with the cycling fraternity and look forward to exchanging views and opinions on what appears to be a well run and comprehensive site.

Mrs M

Guru
Hello :welcome:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well done Joe, the good weathers on the way so get some panniers on your bike and take a pack up out with you. Now to get Mrs Joe cycling.

good on you Joe

pictures of the old bike would be welcomed on some parts of the forum - classic and vintage for starters.

you've got some great lanes and of course the wheel around your area.

a nice day out would be to Southport for lunch and back, its a ride I do when I am in your neck of the woods.

keep up the good work and keep the man with the sythe at bay.

OP
OP
joesoap

joesoap

Regular
good on you Joe

pictures of the old bike would be welcomed on some parts of the forum - classic and vintage for starters.

you've got some great lanes and of course the wheel around your area.

a nice day out would be to Southport for lunch and back, its a ride I do when I am in your neck of the woods.

keep up the good work and keep the man with the sythe at bay.

Hi Uphill Struggler. I will put the photos on when I have jumped through enough hoops as per the regulations on here.
I need to sell it because the new bike is claiming Squatters Rights in what used to be called our Music Room due to the old bike occupying the shed.
I think that a ride to Southport might finish me off! I am still contemplating whether a ride to Lytham is within my current capabilities.
10k is the most that I have done so far but it's early days and I live in hope that one day.......

Top Bottom