Hi I'm new too cycling, already fallen off into a patch of nettles on my second ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, at least you had a soft landing! :laugh:

Welcome to CC, Caroline! :welcome:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank you Colin still itching but I did laugh couldn't get my left foot of the pedal in time
I got (literally) knocked off a farm track by an impatient van driver a few years back and ended up in a pile of nettles. The one consolation was that the big metal bar end on the RHS of my handlebars gouged right down the side of the new-looking van - hah! (I came back down that farm track later and spotted the van. I checked and there was a deep scratch about 4 feet long on the side of it.)

If you were clipped onto the pedal and struggled to unclip, make sure you set your release tensions on both pedals as low as they will go - it makes unclipping much easier. (If they are double-sided, make extra sure to do both sides of both pedals - I missed one side once and got my foot stuck on the pedal.)

OP
OP
Carolineg

Carolineg

Regular
I got (literally) knocked off a farm track by an impatient van driver a few years back and ended up in a pile of nettles. The one consolation was that the big metal bar end on the RHS of my handlebars gouged right down the side of the new-looking van - hah! (I came back down that farm track later and spotted the van. I checked and there was a deep scratch about 4 feet long on the side of it.)

If you were clipped onto the pedal and struggled to unclip, make sure you set your release tensions on both pedals as low as they will go - it makes unclipping much easier. (If they are double-sided, make extra sure to do both sides of both pedals - I missed one side once and got my foot stuck on the pedal.)
I'd stopped too chat too another cyclist and had one foot on the floor then hey presto I just overbalanced nothing I could do apart from laugh and accept a friendly hand up from the guy

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: ever thought of a trike.:whistle: :cycle::giggle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:welcome: to CC. Never fallen from my bike into nettles but have fallen off a horse into nettles. Once into a blackthorn hedge too. Some events just stick with you, don't they?
Happy cycling and looking forward to chatting with you in the threads.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
My mate done this. All went out for a canal ride, we stopped and he stepped off his bike and just went over like Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses in the bar scene, but much slower :laugh:

3309_91380275449_4000539_n_zpsa7111627.jpg

Top Bottom