Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart k

Just thought I'd say high to all you fellow cyclist I've been cycling since November as the car was getting to expensive to run, so bought a cheap new bike with the intensions to cycle from the station to my work , but after a little while I wanted to cycle further,
So one day it was a really nice day and decided to ride in to work approx 10 miles and back home took me -1hour there and 1 1/2 home was shattered now 7 months later i have treat my self through the company bicycle scheme,and no have a giant rapid 4 which is half the weight of my older one and am loving it and lost 6 stone and it now takes me 30 mins, now the winter is getting closer wondered if any one could advise me on lights as some of my route has no light at all I need something that I can see with,rechargeable regards stuart

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Welcome to the forums Stuart!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Stuart.

No expert on lights but I find a pair of these work for me on unlit roads. If you want something more serious it might be worth having a look through this thread. The debates on what are the best lights usually start about this time of year so it's worth keeping an eye out for the latest info.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome and a very well done from me, on the subject of lights all I can say is buy the best you can ! I like the "cree" style for the front light the one which the little lady got me for crimbo is spot on not sure where she got it but it came with a rechargable battery pack and one for normal ones this I have found very handy if out for a long ride at night if one pack dies I just pop the other in and away I go again.On the back rack I have an Oxford one which is very good.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi & Welcome to CC.

My front lights came from Clas Olsen and they are still going strong. They were £14.99 each and they light up the road beautifully for me. Rear lights from Planet X and I add the little LED flashing lights too, just for a bit of extra 'here I am' ness for some of the motorists who can't see a bike that's lit up like a Christmas tree.

Dark46

Veteran
Hi and welcome to the CC forums

Top Bottom