Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just received this light CREE XML XM-L T6 and as promised in other threads here are some pictures I have just taken.
_MG_8186.jpg This is the drive to the house, accept you cant see it.
_MG_8185.jpg This is on the lowest setting
_MG_8184.jpg This is on the next setting
_MG_8183.jpg This is on full, the battery is supposed to last upto 3 hrs on this setting.

Please enlarge the images for a better view, the unit with a free rear light, which is o.k. cost £26.77 follow the above link, they can be had from China for 1/2 this price if you want to wait a couple of weeks.
The pictures are pretty much as I saw with my eye, no image manipulation.
Edit, forgot to mention, what you will see maybe different to my screen, mine has been calibrated so I know its not far off.

compo

Veteran
That looks good.
I dislike lamps with built in batteries, preferring to be able to replace batteries on the road if necessary so that is a limiting factor to me getting hi-bright lights. The best lamp I have is a 3 watt jobby from Lidl last year. I also have a 5 watt lamp off Ebay, but the light from the Lidl one is better. Both performed well on this year's Dunwich Dynamo.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
That looks good.
I dislike lamps with built in batteries, preferring to be able to replace batteries on the road if necessary so that is a limiting factor to me getting hi-bright lights. The best lamp I have is a 3 watt jobby from Lidl last year. I also have a 5 watt lamp off Ebay, but the light from the Lidl one is better. Both performed well on this year's Dunwich Dynamo.
This has a separate battery pack, I didnt get instructions but from what I can work out it has 4 18650 batteries giving 7.8V (8.4V max temporary) High 10W and Low 3W the medium setting must be somewhere about 5-6W. the battery is rated at 6400mAh so on the medium setting should last 5-6 hrs.

Peteaud

Veteran
Thats what i have, well i have 2 of them side by side, but they are good for the price.

Check the charger though, some of them are not the best.

potsy

Rambler
Looks decent for the money, be interested to hear your thoughts after a few weeks/months of use.
Also how the battery life compares to the claimed run times :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam

Lanzecki

Über Member
I have a similar light. Since I ride mostly at night and on rural roads I needed a light to see with rather then be seen. While it doesn't have any CE marks so is probabally effectivly illegal on the roads, just dip it a bit and you are good to go.

Think I got mine from a UK seller on Amazon for less then £30 4 hours on full (1600 Lumens), about 8 hours on Low, and 8 hours on Flash. TBH the flash is nasty. It's not something I'd want to use as it give me a headache. The power button is illuminated and on the back of the light. It does have a small LED that lights (red) to indicate low power, but this can be missed as there is also a brighter blue LED in the switch as well.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
You should do the setup again though and walk down to that fence in the distance and turn round and see how dazzling your light is, just so you get an idea of how much you need to be considerate with it :smile:

A few weeks back i put a borrowed 3000 lumen Fluxient (3*U2), two magicshine mj-872 and a T6 light on the bars of one bike, it's just staggering how bright these bike lights are getting. Awesome value for money those T6 lights.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
How long was delivery please Nigel?

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Looks decent for the money, be interested to hear your thoughts after a few weeks/months of use.
Also how the battery life compares to the claimed run times :thumbsup:
I agree, seems reasonable quality build, Lanzecki says might well be illegal, but be considerate with it and its fine, just did a quick 10 miles on the dark country lanes around here, and whilst not as quick as day time did the 10 miles @ 13.6 mph, might not seem fast but its my overall avg at the mo. I also agree with the flashing mode, though it might be usful during the day in murky conditions.
This is the run i just did.
http://app.strava.com/activities/27276341

How long was delivery please Nigel?
Two days, though I did order it just after midnight Tuesday morning, It was dispatched Tuesday A.M.

Seems good for the price.
Where did you mount the battery pack?
Around the handlebars, I will take a pic tomorrow if you want, though the lead is quite long you could mount it almost anywhere.

Omniscient

Those lights are lovely. My lights are ones that got thrown in with my bike for free; I'll have to wait till payday to get better ones.

wisdom

Guru
A pic could well be handy thanks.
I commute in the dark to and from work now and quite a bit is unlit.
The beam is good on the photos.I have a cateye opticube but am allways on the look out for something better

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
A pic could well be handy thanks.
I commute in the dark to and from work now and quite a bit is unlit.
The beam is good on the photos.I have a cateye opticube but am allways on the look out for something better
Well it lit up the dark lanes around here no problem, the pictures are almost as you view with the naked eye. I will sort a pic tomorrow.

Top Bottom