Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
I've been very good and not bought anything. However I may be about to blame tincaman......................... Will think about it some more.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My battery box packed up today - luckily I've a spare, but ordered two more from gearbest, should arrive in time for the lights changing in the autumn. :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've not used my cree lights this winter. I'll have to test them over the weekend.

Neither have I. I'd only just bought my C&B Seen lights before I got knocked off. I'm still waiting for the Kickstarter "Ding" light - the development has taken a bit longer than expected and someone tried to rip them off with parts production.

wanda2010

Guru
I managed to restrain myself from buying any lights this year, but I had a little blip last year when I bought some blinkies for riding around London :smile:

potsy

Rambler
My yang ding will be getting a rare bit of action on the way home tonight, but I too have been good and not bought anything new for ages :angel:

Here's some info on fake Cree led's, looks like it's been going on for a while
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/41084
Looks like most of your budget ebay jobbies will have the LatticeBright led's contained within but marked up as Cree.
Main problems are poor quality control, variable tints, lower outputs, higher current draw.
Unfortunately for new users of these light's you won't have anything to compare them with except maybe some older led lighting and in most cases they are still going to seem "awesome" compared to what you had before.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Battery boxes turned up today, tested one and it works fine

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, my Ding light has finally turned up, some 14-15 months after I backed it on Kickstarter. They have had a few issues with initial batch quality, so hence the delays. The final product is a cracker.

Two forward beams, one of which is wide angle, with 3 main modes upto 750 lumen. They have beam cut off so are OK in traffic. In addition it has a 100 lumen downwards beam that lights the ground up beneath the bike. Shame I'm not commuting, but this will be a handy off road light. Mounts under the bars via the strap, or the included go-pro mount. There are numerous modes which include the 'down lighter' on or not, including a number of flash and pulse modes.

I'd backed it at about £45, but I think they are retailing for about £100. They come in a protective tin, and include charge cable, spare strap, go-pro mount, carry bag and instructions.

Couple of pictures
20160831_154855.jpg
20160831_155111.jpg
20160831_155151.jpg

Top Bottom