Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
OFFICIAL: I now have enough bike lights.

That was wrong; I've bought another one :rolleyes:.
Same type as before:-

BSUK1411101415_kc300349P15-X2_T2_U2_BIKE_LIGHT__(5).jpg

If pushed, I could come up with some semi-plausible reason why.

potsy

Rambler
I seem to be keeping out of these "Northern" lighting wars despite my (new) commute to Failsworth and regular rides along the Fallowfield Loop.
If I did get involved, I suspect that I'd be seriously out-gunned .............

(ahem)

I seem to be getting left behind again, I can feel the pull of a new purchase soon ^_^

Just arrived, a Yinding clone from Kaidomain.
KD 2 x Cree XM-L2 U2 4+10-Mode
Almost identical to the recent Yinding I bought, but the driver is very different.
The Yinding has to cycle through the modes to get to OFF, which is very annoying, a long press for off is much better. This one by default has 3 modes and then long press for off. Also the light levels are programmable so you can get the light levels you really want, you can have low, med, high but each one of those can be preset, eg you could have very low, low and high.
Here is an interesting thread on the MTBR forum about this light
635566391151124101.jpg

shadow master

Seen many of these lights direct from China,they are unpredictable to say the least,Cree is the hook word,the claimed lumen output is pure guess work and not tested in a light globe,I've seen them claiming 1500 lumens,but a 600 lumen light would blow it out of the water.reliability, again bit patchy,wiring connection poor,run times collapse,brackets broken,moisture filled lenses etc....seems a bargain for £10\£15 but haven't found many who praise them after the 6 week honeymoon period.lots on there 3rd set lol.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We all know about Chinese lumens. Best option is to buy the lamp and sort out your own battery. Only had one light go faulty and that was the design, the cooling vents let water in. The Yinding is by far the best made Chinese light.

I inadvertantly popped one of the 18650 batteries the wrong way in my battery pack - the battery pack became warm to the touch pretty quicly and when I rectified the error the light wouldnt work (but does with its original big chineese battery so I know the lights ok) - have i bust tbe battery pack, or my 18650 batteries?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bonjour. It's that time if year again.

The itch started a couple of months ago. Backed a Kickstarter project for Ding Lights and now just bought the front and rear C&B Seen City Slickers.. whoops. :blush:

The Ding won't be available until December.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Bonjour. It's that time if year again.

The itch started a couple of months ago. Backed a Kickstarter project for Ding Lights and now just bought the front and rear C&B Seen City Slickers.. whoops. :blush:

The Ding won't be available until December.
I wanna know how you get on with the C&B Seen stuff. I'm still a lover of their commuter kit :smile:

Top Bottom