Hi!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Hi All,

Been lurking for a while, so thought I'd best say hello :smile:

I've been riding into work for a few years now (it's about 2 miles) but having a wife who is an excellent cook has led me to put a few stone on :sad: Anyway, started cycling longer distances about 4 months ago and lost about 20kilos in that time, and remembered how much I enjoyed riding.

I've got a Trek MTB atm, with some tyres more suitable to the road, but hoping to get a "proper" road bike at some point soon. No idea what though.

Anyway, that's me.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

OP
OP
si_c

si_c

Guru
You'll find lots of opinions on roads bikes in here.;) What kind of budget will you have?

Opinions are always good? Right? :P

Not sure yet what my budget is, depends on the wife :P Thinking in the £600-£1000 range at the moment, not in a major hurry to rush out and get one right now, rather take my time over it and make the right choice.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Opinions are always good? Right? :P
Yeah, usually. It can get a bit overheated sometimes though.:laugh:

Not sure yet what my budget is, depends on the wife :P Thinking in the £600-£1000 range at the moment, not in a major hurry to rush out and get one right now, rather take my time over it and make the right choice.

You'll find plenty of good choices in that price range and plenty of discussions about them over in the "what bike?" section.:thumbsup:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Welcome to CycleChat :thumbsup:

Top Bottom