High-rise squirrel !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

experiment

ianrauk said:
Your high rise squirrell reminded me of a photo I took a few years back in my garden. Here you go... .. (cheeky little blighter)

birdymouse.jpg

mr Mag00

rising member
spray with chilli oil, the little grey bast4rds dont like it

ChrisKH

Guru
Dayvo said:
It's no secret, goo! :wacko:

The photos were good - the camera never lies.

Looked very much like Amsterdam and with your own coffee shop pub in the next building! B)

I was going to say the same; "What, you live in Holland?" :sad:

I thought it rained in Scotland like, every day.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
ChrisKH said:
I was going to say the same; "What, you live in Holland?" :wacko:

I thought it rained in Scotland like, every day.

You have to believe the Proclaimers when they sing "Sunshine On Leith". At least once in a while, anyway....

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

I don't think I've ever seen a red squirrel in my 40 years on the earth (apart from the Tufty Club films at primary school).

Mr Squirrel must have paid me a visit again yesterday - got home to find both peanut feeders lying on the balcony. One was trashed and the other still OK but sporting a huge dent in the metal mesh.

If I see him again, he's squirrel meat !!!!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
We have squirrels (grey) in the garden and, when the children were younger, we had bird feeders - which became squirrel feeders.

To combat this, I found some stuff called 'Squirrel Away", which is basically chilli powder. Put some on the nuts, shake around to ensure good coverage and put them in the feeder. [Not a good idea to rub your eyes at this point :biggrin:]

Squirrels, as we all know, learn very quickly. They soon learn not to go for 'that' feeder, as "it burns" - so you shouldn't need too much of the stuff.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm .. I may have to try that chilli method on my roof... where they have removed a tile to get in!!!

Anyway here is my favourite photo of a bird feeder raider:

6ofpxi.jpg

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

scoosh said:
We have squirrels (grey) in the garden and, when the children were younger, we had bird feeders - which became squirrel feeders.

To combat this, I found some stuff called 'Squirrel Away", which is basically chilli powder. Put some on the nuts, shake around to ensure good coverage and put them in the feeder. [Not a good idea to rub your eyes at this point :rofl:]

Squirrels, as we all know, learn very quickly. They soon learn not to go for 'that' feeder, as "it burns" - so you shouldn't need too much of the stuff.

I did read that last night - birds aren't sensitive to chilli so don't taste / notice it - but squirrels are. Might be hilarious, but not as funny as the battery-powered bird feeders that spin at high speed when they sense the weight of a squirrel: here

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Headgardener said:
CJ Birdfoods do a feeder specialy for squirrels. If I can organize the link I will Post later tonight.

The top two search results here are their squirrel feeders.

Top Bottom