Hissssssss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
We are still seriously looking for the snake," said Supt Katam. "We want to arrest the snake because any one of us could fall a victim.

"I arresssssssssssssssssst you on ssssssssssssusssssssssssssssssspissssssssssssssscion of asssssssssssssssssssssault...
:tongue:
How are they going to get the handcuffs on it?

bonj2

I don't buy a snake could have swallowed a whole fully grown bloke.
It could have crushed him to death probably, but I doubt it could have swallowed him.
A baby, yes, possibly - not a fully grown bloke.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
It could have crushed him to death probably, but I doubt it could have swallowed him.

I reckon it could try. Here's one that tackled a 6 foot alligator (with sadly indigestible results)

http://news.mongabay.com/2005/1005-gator.html

Assuming a man was more feeble and had less in the way of claws etc, it might just work. Although it's on the large side of what they normally manage.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
bonj said:

This is a picture of a snake that swallowed a sheep.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060915-python-ewe.html

Snakes like this can unhinge their jaws to get larger prey down their extremely flexible and expandable gullet.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
The stupid animal. What did it the point of SWALLOWING a SHEEP would be??!:tongue:
It's only going to end badly what with all that wool and bones.

Oh, so they normally only swallow boneless animals do they?

Like, er, deer....

papercorn2000

Personally, I don't see it. I'm with bonj here...

bonj2

Arch said:
Oh, so they normally only swallow boneless animals do they?

Like, er, deer....

no they don't swallow deer generally, unless they're very small babies, and even then they probably regret it. They normally eat rats

Noodley

bonj said:
no they don't swallow deer generally, unless they're very small babies, and even then they probably regret it. They normally eat rats

So maybe they eat humans and then think "Oh I feel bad about that"...but they were tasty...."?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Bonj - have you ever considered asking a question about something you don't know, rather than making a (usually wrong) statement as if you did? Just a suggestion.

PS: the story in the OP might well be complete bollocks, but that's another issue.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Flying_Monkey said:
Bonj - have you ever considered asking a question about something you don't know, rather than making a (usually wrong) statement as if you did? Just a suggestion.

Ah go on. That would spoil so many people's fun...:smile:

Top Bottom