hit and run.....ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan hodder

After surviving last weeks weather I bolted the spd's back on and set off for work...at about 75% journey completion I heard a car coming up behind..instead of backing off he/she decided to try and overtake me on a corner..predictably a car came towards us and said nob behind hit the brakes on the ice and wiped me out...then proceeded to drive off rapidly...I picked myself up and luckily the fast corner I was standing in the middle of was approached by a more considerate driver who stopped to help. So now I'm home after dressing from the doctor for my knee and a tetnis shot I proceeded to Norwich a + e to then be told I have a crack In my wrist and swollen elbow. I use my hands for work and am now in a bit of pain with limited movement in my wrist!

Hit and runners are scum and I wish I had of caught their number plate. It's a road for a few regular comuters so it's only a matter of time.
Also the state of the road is appauling..between attleborough and besthorpe and has never seen a gritter so it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt.

On the plus my cleats released perfectly and let the bike get away from me..bike Is ok thankfully although my favourite cycling trousers are wrecked.

Just slow down..it could have bee a damn site worse.

report to the cops.

Gains84

Ouch, get well soon mate - hopefully karma will befall the driver and they'll get caught for something else and taken off the road!

Ern1e

Über Member
I agree with you about hit and runners plus after the couple in Bristol it seems you have been quite lucky ! hope you get better asap and back out on the bike.
Ernie

OP
OP
dan hodder

dan hodder

^ in process..and have contacted legal representatives. Will be contacting council aswell. Taken pictures of injuries aswell. It's just too regular an occurance at the moment.

OP
OP
dan hodder

dan hodder

Thanks guys..will be finding a turbo for now. Just difficult as I have a manual job and pitstop practice will be a nightmare..if it was more serious It could have ended my career.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
After surviving last weeks weather I bolted the spd's back on and set off for work...at about 75% journey completion I heard a car coming up behind..instead of backing off he/she decided to try and overtake me on a corner..predictably a car came towards us and said nob behind hit the brakes on the ice and wiped me out...then proceeded to drive off rapidly...I picked myself up and luckily the fast corner I was standing in the middle of was approached by a more considerate driver who stopped to help. So now I'm home after dressing from the doctor for my knee and a tetnis shot I proceeded to Norwich a + e to then be told I have a crack In my wrist and swollen elbow. I use my hands for work and am now in a bit of pain with limited movement in my wrist!

Hit and runners are scum and I wish I had of caught their number plate. It's a road for a few regular comuters so it's only a matter of time.
Also the state of the road is appauling..between attleborough and besthorpe and has never seen a gritter so it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt.

On the plus my cleats released perfectly and let the bike get away from me..bike Is ok thankfully although my favourite cycling trousers are wrecked.

Just slow down..it could have bee a damn site worse.
Similar happened to me 23/12/12, I agree scum bags. I hope you recover, speedily and the pain's manageable.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Sorry to hear about this. It's bad enough to hit a cyclist, but to simply drive off afterwards is unforgivable. I hope you don't mind me asking Dan, but Norfolk, pit-stop practice...etc You don't work for Caterham do you?

Ouch, GWS!

A five years or more back I had a similar OT on a bend and rather than head on the car chose to swerve into me and I chose to jump over the pavement into the ditch, somehow cleats always seem to come free when you need. I thought I was going to have almost hit and run (if I hadn't jumped it would have been) the driver drove off too and a following driver (good Samaritan) helped me. After we talked about the situation and I reassured him it was OK he left, a minute later the original driver reappeared. She was quite nice about things; I actually never realised at first it was the driver until she said 'I thought I'd hit you' and she'd been good at handling my abuse aimed at I thought another :blush: I made the stupid mistake of letting her go however, after I checked things, a few weeks later my garmin geko stopped working; it may have just been a coincidence but I don't think the brush with the deck helped.

OP
OP
dan hodder

dan hodder

^ no not riding on ice..the length of road had a few patches of ice in the middle of the road but the rest was pretty clear.
No not caterham hip priest..comtec racing

Top Bottom