Hit and Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am getting sick to the back teeth of cyclists being killed in hit and run 'accidents' and the drivers being given a slap on the wrist, a measly ban, and the opportunity to do it again.

Enough is enough.

Kill someone and do a runner shows not only an abysmal disregard for the welfare of the person you hit, but also a callous disregard for the law.

Thoughts?

Happens to other car drivers and pedestrians too, not just a cyclist thing. Disgusting all round abd I wish careless/dangerous driving was taken seriously.

Go read pistonheads forum to depress yourself on the mentality of some abd their feeling of being hard done by.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Happens to other car drivers and pedestrians too, not just a cyclist thing. Disgusting all round abd I wish careless/dangerous driving was taken seriously.

Go read pistonheads forum to depress yourself on the mentality of some abd their feeling of being hard done by.

No thanks.

It's depressing enough that a kindred spirit gets snuffed out, let alone reading the selfish tripe of some 'poor hard-done-to' motorist.

Yes, it involves other road users too, not just cyclists, but IMO, it only seems like cyclists are willing to step up and say ENOUGH.....

No thanks.

It's depressing enough that a kindred spirit gets snuffed out, let alone reading the selfish tripe of some 'poor hard-done-to' motorist.

Yes, it involves other road users too, not just cyclists, but IMO, it only seems like cyclists are willing to step up and say ENOUGH.....
And the thanks we get is being told to wear helmets, hiviz and get out if everyone's way.

Crankarm

Guru
Face it CP, Britain is a sh1t place to ride a bike.

As I mentioned elsewhere hit and run drivers who seriously injure/kill and who are eventually caught, quite a few aren't I might add, should be put in an electric chair. I would have no qualms about sentencing such scum to death along with other seriously dangerous offenders.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A cyclist was hit just a mile up the road from my house yesterday. The poor soul was riding along a road with a useless 2 foot wide pavement next to it which is classified as a cycle path. It's utter crap, but it doesn't stop the motons banging on about how we should be using it rather than the road. You get loads of punishment passes. I'd be surprised if this incident wasn't one of those.

The usual moronic comments from drivers in the local rag ( below) on this incident, though pleasing to see some more enlightened remarks too. Hope the cyclist makes a speedy and full recovery.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cyc...eshire-crash/story-23005143-detail/story.html

Crankarm

Guru
A cyclist was hit just a mile up the road from my house yesterday. The poor soul was riding along a road with a useless 2 foot wide pavement next to it which is classified as a cycle path. It's utter crap, but it doesn't stop the motons banging on about how we should be using it rather than the road. You get loads of punishment passes. I'd be surprised if this incident wasn't one of those.

The usual moronic comments from drivers in the local rag ( below) on this incident, though pleasing to see some more enlightened remarks too. Hope the cyclist makes a speedy and full recovery.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cyc...eshire-crash/story-23005143-detail/story.html

I was given a dangerously close punishment pass at speed this evening cycling along a short stretch of Milton Road. However I got the reg and saw where the car went.

Top Bottom