Hope Vision 1 (lighting photos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
got a hope vision one light for Xmas but only just managed to get a set of high power batteries fitted.

before i decided on this light i searched the Internet for some good photos of the beam patterns / light levels and came up with nothing of any use, so i thought I'd post some here.

every-one's seen the light already. very well made and not actually as big as you would think...

007.jpg

I'm mounting the light in the centre of my home made bracket along side two Smart 3 LED lights that i use when on the lit roads...

008.jpg

009.jpg

this gives quite a nice looking pattern of light...

010.jpg

and now the important bit. just to give a starting point, this is the shot with no lights...

001nolight.jpg

and one of the smart 3LED lights. OK around town but not much good on un-lit roads...

002smart3LED.jpg

hope vision one on low setting (already brighter than the smart)...

003low.jpg

medium setting...

004medium.jpg

high setting...

005high.jpg

and full power...

006full.jpg

as stated in the instructions you need to use high power batteries to get any decent run times. i put in a set of pound shop specials and it could only hold full power mode for about ten minutes !!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get rechargeables. I use Hybrids - hold the charge longer.

bad boy

Über Member
I have some Nitro Cars and In the modelling world batteries is a really big deal. My Nitro cars need high power batteries to run the servos and wireless receiver which also has a failsafe to stop a 45 mph car speeding off on full throttle out of control.

Sorry I know this is probably not of interest but the best place to get decent high power proper rechargeable batts are from some model shops and proper online stores.

You could even have a hump pack made to fit inside the hope which would run that thing like you have never seen seriously !!!. I will dig out my kit today and post you a decent link which is well renowned for modellers as being very good kit and well priced.

Hope this is somewhat helpfull.

yashicamat

The Hope stuff is good quality I think, if slightly pricey though. I have a Vision 2 and it's excellent.

With the Vision 1, there's no warning when it runs out of power, so it's a good idea to keep those two other lights on as a backup. ;)

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
scoosh said:
Thanks, anorak, Good pics ;) and 2 questions:

- how far away is the wall ?
- is the dog real ? :becool:

the fence is around 38 feet away from the light. i realise that in a confined space there is more for the light to bounce off so i'll be taking another set of photos "on-road" when i get a chance to get out.

no, the dog is not real :blush:

i have found that the light will continue on the lower power setting long after the high power setting has given up so you have some chance of getting home. but it does not switch down to the lower setting, it just suddenly goes off, leaving you in the dark until you can get it switched back on.

i have bought two sets of batteries.

my plan is to only use the hope when out in the country lanes. my commute starts and finishes in town so i may use it in flash mode at these points. i've also had to stop using the old railway line "cycle route" in the dark but I'm sure the hope will cope with that now.

i'll keep this updated with how the light performs in "real" conditions

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
bad boy said:
http://www.vapextech.co.uk/

Good stuff better than anything from Maplins etc without doubt.

I know you have batteries already but I thought id post the link incase anyone else reads this and wants some decent batteries etc.

Quite possibly but it has to be noted that maplin batteries perform very well in the Hope vision 1.

Nice pics.

upandover

Guru
Excellent, I ordered 16 batteries from Vapextech just after Christmas, and I'm hoping for them to be at work tomorrow. My new Hope Vision 1 is also great, and currently running well on duracell, but rechargables will be a lot cheaper!

Top Bottom