How it Works: TV Detector Vans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Several years ago I realised my TV license was a few weeks overdue. Come payday I put the cash into an envelope along with the renewal notice ready to pop into the Post Office the following day. That was the night the TV license man came knocking on the door. He was no problem at all. He gave me a different renewal form to use (maybe he received commission) and that was that.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well don't you think this is rather childish anti-social behaviour ?

Either you have a TV and are avoiding paying your due or you are deliberately wasting the time of licence fee collectors whose jobs are paid for out of the licence fee. Either way, you're wasting the licence fee money I pay and that gets distributed I think I'm correct in saying to all of the BBC, ITV & C4.

I've been TV free for a decade,,, the first 5 years i spent continually replying and telling them i don't have a tv... only to be continually ignored. It was only when i rang them up and played holy hell with them they stopped the letters, they said for 3 years, the reality, 6 maybe 8 months later the threats started again...

if it's OK for them to ignore my correspondence, then I'll do the same.

Do you really think I give a flying feck how 'your' licence money is spent???

thom

____
I've been TV free for a decade,,, the first 5 years i spent continually replying and telling them i don't have a tv... only to be continually ignored. It was only when i rang them up and played holy hell with them they stopped the letters, they said for 3 years, the reality, 6 maybe 8 months later the threats started again...

if it's OK for them to ignore my correspondence, then I'll do the same.

Do you really think I give a flying feck how 'your' licence money is spent???
Sounds like you have good reason for complaint then !

Top Bottom