How to carry security chain on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Odd paradox isn't it?

Struggle to get light bike and so on. Then have to cycle around with a heavy chain and padlock.

Gwylan

Veteran
I have one of these.
The cable is a waste of time. A pair of secateurs would take it out.

However the U lock is allegedly "silver rated".
Nice thing is it has a holder to mount on the bike. I find that works really well.
Unless the scripts are out to nick your wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnum-O...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

My bike insurance insists on a Sold Secure Gold lock if it is left alone - even in the shed

I found a cheapish one in WIlco - at the end of the day, if they can cut that they will cut the better ones I used in the shed

I generally carry it in the bag on the rack - or if the bag isn't there then I secure it to the rack with a bungy cord

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Odd paradox isn't it?

Struggle to get light bike and so on. Then have to cycle around with a heavy chain and padlock.

I used to do this commuting as I'd visit a few sites - almost doubled the weight of the bike ! I'm on one site now, so locks left at the work's shelter.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Saddlebag. Easy.

Agreed, Hippy & Jack. I have an Abus folding lock and carry it in my rack bag on the back of the bike so my water bottle spots can remain open. I also lost my keys to my Abus lock and had to buy a diamond impregnated saw blade to cut through it. It took me one solid hour of sustained effort to get through it. After that I made sure I registered my keys for my new Abus lock. :laugh:

Top Bottom