How to properly measure ones inside leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...oh suits you sir...anyway how do I do this properly for bike sizing porpoises? I mean does the measure go right up to the skin, or does it stop beneath the dangly bits? Does the other end go righ down to the floor or just to the ankle??

Stand with your back against a wall. Get someone to mark your height. Sit down on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Get the same person to measure your height in that sitting position. Measure the distance between the two marks. That's your leg measurement for cycle fitting purposes ;).

jimboalee

Yorkshireman said:
Stand with your back against a wall. Get someone to mark your height. Sit down on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Get the same person to measure your height in that sitting position. Measure the distance between the two marks. That's your leg measurement for cycle fitting purposes :tongue:.

This is called "Sitting Height Ratio".

It is the only method worth using.

rh100

Steve Austin said:
Get a book, place in between your legs, measure from the top of the book to the floor. repeat 3 times, Inside leg measurement!

Butt up the end of the book against a wall - ensures the spine of the book is horizontal so giving a better measurement.

02GF74

Über Member
not come across the book method, does it matter who it is written buy? there are so many to choose from.

I've use a block of wood, pine is best, for measuring or a spirit level if you want to get fancy so you can be sure it is horizontal.

Top Bottom