I am locked out of my e-mail account

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Last night I was locked out "temporarily" from my e-mail account? The reason given for this was "unusual activity". What triggers "unusual activity"? I have tried answering the security questions but it does not accept my answers. I am now locked out for 24 hours.

I cannot find a helpline number. I have tried searching Help section, without success. Does anyone know what happens next? Is it re-instated after 24 hours, or will I fail again because it will not accept the "correct" answers to the security questions? Is there a helpline number that anyone knows about?

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I had this - is it gmail? Someon e hacked my account and sent out a load of dodgy emails.

jim55

Guru
I had this and it wouldn't accept the answers for the security qs either it was locked due to access from a diff place (eh) so I just left it and it sorted itself , but strangely I could still send and read/receive mail from the same account on my iPhone !!! Let me sign in as normal , but the laptop was a nitemare , thank god for iPhones and the like

Top Bottom