I am such an idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Major panic - went to check holiday tickets etc and my passport wasn't with them. Had taken it to work last week to photocopy so I could leave behind in case of emergency - had copy but not actual! Couldn't find it anywhere so mad dash to work (in car not on bike!) unlocked the place grabbed my pile and various files came home to go through. Panic not helped by the fact I'd heard the passport office was on strike this week. Nothing in my pile then suddenly thought perhaps I photocopied it at home. duh there it was under the machine!! :wacko: Still at least I didn't get to the airport and realise it was missing.:biggrin:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Glad all's well. When I lose things I try and rewind what happened. Often works. Have a nice holiday.

OP
OP
W

Willow

maybe but if i hadn't taken the stupid copy I wouldn't have needed the medical cover for the heartattack I was about to have!

peanut

lucky you didn't give it to the wif who along with the house keys and her purse would have lost it for sure lol
Have a good vacation

ChrisKH

Guru
At least you didn't do what my father-in-law did. Packed up the car for a trip to Spain. Put his wallet and passports on the car roof. Drove to Dover........

My other half always has some kind of financial or administrative disaster before he travels anywhere overseas, and invariably spends the last few minutes before he goes panicking about something or other.

Tomorrow he travels to beijing to work at the olympics for a month, and I'm wondering what is about to happen....

OP
OP
W

Willow

and now DS1 has left his tennis racket in his dads boot. One of the major decisions when booking was we had to have tennis courts now we're sharing 3 rackets between. Ex would rather fork out £50 for another racket than take train home to get it - whereas I know a) I probably won't get the money back and :wacko: it's pointless buying any old racket given they are both excellent tennis players and will want something decent, it would be a waste of money. Guess we'll just have to borrow one when there.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suggest the one who left his racket behind plays with his bare hand...:wacko:

Or a ping pong bat - got to be cheaper to find?

sheddy

Legendary Member
You have just invented the new rule for tennis doubles.
1. Only one racquet allowed per team. Has to shared between players.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Well now we discover he's left his sunglasses behind too! Perhaps I should tie bits of string on everything , like mittens when they are small then he could just carry everything around all day.

Top Bottom