I love random facts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carwash

Señor Member
PaulB said:
Rod Stewart* played the harmonica on "My boy lollypop" by Little Millie.

* This is as disputed as the earlier one about Bob Holness being the first person to play James Bond. Once these "facts" pass in to the collective conscience though, people do get very defensive about being challenged on them.

Didn't Billy Connolly play on Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street'? I'm sure I read that somewhere...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
Didn't Billy Connolly play on Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street'? I'm sure I read that somewhere...

I know Connolly was in the Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty so he could well have done. I think there's another Bob Holness rumour about that though isn't there? I have heard on several occasions that Holness played the sax on Baker Street but I remain to be convinced.

Kovu

Über Member
Smokin Joe said:
Model T Fords were available in a variety of colours, not just black.

The Model T Fords weren't available in black until a certain date I think as well. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
Of course it is - otherwise you'd have to punch through the ribcage. :bravo:

;) It still makes me sick when I hear that high-pitched whine of the saw as they cut through the sternum to get to the heart. And then when they expand the retractors and pull open the whole chest! Yuk!

And

Fun sponge
PaulB said:
I know Connolly was in the Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty so he could well have done. I think there's another Bob Holness rumour about that though isn't there? I have heard on several occasions that Holness played the sax on Baker Street but I remain to be convinced.

Raphael Ravenscroft played sax on Baker Street.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Greedo said:
When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months

that's a myth. skin shrinks back making the hair appear like it's growing.

Egyptian statues always have left leg first, as if they are marching to battle ("left, right, left, right etc etc)

PaulB

Legendary Member
djtheglove said:
Linda McCartney owned two pink Massey Ferguson tractors!

And didn't Linda McCartney fund the last British cycle team who competed in the TdF? I know she certainly funded one team in the Tour but am unsure as to whether it was the last one.

Top Bottom